Thursday, November 26, 2020

#tbt: Saving Maddie by Varian Johnson

Saving Maddie by Varian Johnson. 240 p. Delacorte/ Penguin Random House, March, 2010. 9780375895920. (Own.)


Happy Thanksgiving! I'm a little late posting b/c I was prepping my turkey! I hope you all have a wonderful day! #tbt features Saving Maddie by Varian Johnson. This book was published in 2010 and was the first book of the author's that I read. After devouring it at the beach, I read My Life as a Rhombus and his debut, Red Polka Dot in a World Full of Plaid.

Saving Maddie centers around two preacher's kids, Maddie and Josh. Josh has always had a crush on Maddie, but she's been gone for five years. Suddenly, she's back in town with a reputation for being bad, so bad that she was kicked out of school. Josh is a "good boy." He also thinks that Maddie can be redeemed, even if it means lying to his parents to do so. 

Saving Maddie was named a Bank Street College Best Book in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment