Saturday, November 28, 2020

November is Picture Book Month! Picture Book Review: My Favorite Color by Aaron Becker

My Favorite Color by Aaron Becker. unpgd board book. Candlewick Studio/ Candlewick Press, September, 2020. 9781536214741. (Review of finished copy courtesy of publisher.)

I love how the title of this book asks "Only one?" I feel the same way. I have lots of favorite colors. They usually match my mood.
Aaron Becker follows his lovely, You are Light  with this magical book. Simple, tactile and intriguing, this inviting board book will have readers young and not-so-young, returning again and again to flip pages to watch the change in hues with each page-turn. So many shades of color to enjoy and name! Indeed, how can only one be a favorite?

My Favorite Color is a terrific gift book and should find a place in pre-schools and art classes as well as comfy laps to explore, discuss and appreciate color. Here's a short video of the creator talking about his book. Don't miss this gem.



No comments:

Post a Comment