Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Memes: Galgorithm by Aaron Karo

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice.

Galgorithm by Aaron Karo. 310 p. Simon Pulse, May, 2015. 9781481440639.

Publisher synopsis: A romantic comedy that’s “a good choice for fans of John Green” (Booklist) about high school, heartbreak, and having all the answers.
What if the secrets of dating and love were revealed in one simple formula? That’s the tantalizing proposition high school senior Shane Chambliss offers the hopeless and hapless guys who come to him for relationship advice.

After the girl of his dreams breaks his heart, Shane devises a mysterious formula called the Galgorithm and establishes himself as the resident dating guru at Kingsview High School. But his attempts to master the art of romance go outrageously awry.

As Shane tries to navigate the ensuing drama, he must follow his heart, abandon all the rules, and ignore his own advice in a quest for true love. What he discovers, no formula could ever predict...

First Line: The key to a girl's heart is through her eyelashes.

Page 56: "It's just something I feel strongly about, " Tristen says. "We've, like, got it so good in Kingsview. I just think we should help other people out. Plus it's an opportunity to really get my hands dirty.

     I'm stunned. I try to imagine Tristen's accent nails digging into dirt and making habitats for humanity. Apparently there is another side to her.

I read and enjoyed Lexapros and Cons. I hadn't realized that he published other books between that and this. Sigh, so hard to keep up!

5 comments:

  1. I might have to check this one out. I wonder what kind of accent Tristen has?

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one before. It sounds like fun. I am spotlighting The White Rose by Amy Ewing this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun premise for a story. I think I'd enjoy this book.
    My Friday post features Beneath Montana’s Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help but laugh at the first line. LOL Sounds like it will be a fun read and I hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that opening line. Fabulous!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete