Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

TTT is hosted by Broke and the Bookish and this week's theme is top ten 2014 releases I'm dying to read. The 2014 arcs are already arriving, so I've been lucky enough to have already read some buzzed about 2014 releases such as Unhinged and We Were Liars. But there are quite a few I'm eagerly awaiting.



The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson. Releases January 7, 2014. Still kicking myself for being unable to get on the line at Annual for the bound manuscript.



Cress by Marissa Meyer. Releases February 4, 2014. Though I must confess that I haven't yet read Scarlet (hides head in shame).



Revolution by Deborah Wiles. Releases April 29, 2014. Loved, loved, loved Countdown.



Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. Releases April 1, 2014. I featured this in a WoW post recently.



The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing by Sheila Turnage. Releases February 4, 2014. Oh how I adored Three Times Lucky and will be psyched to visit with Mo and Dale again.



Fat Boy vs. the Cheerleaders by Geoff Herbach. Releases May 6, 2014. Loved his Felton Brothers novels, Stupid Fast, Nothing Special and I'm with Stupid. There is no description about this one online yet. I don't care. It's a new Herbach.


The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy. Releases April 29, 2014. The first two were such rollicking good fun.


Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. Releases April 1,2014. Such vivid worldbuilding!


Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (Diviners #2) Releases April 1, 2014. Talk about worldbuilding! 1920s New York City comes bursting to life here. Not a fan of the cover redesign though.


The Right Fight by Chris Lynch. (World War II series #1) Releases January 7, 2014. The author's Vietnam series is a fine addition to middle school libraries for boys who want war stories.

I just realized that the picks divided neatly into 5 middle grade and 5 young adult titles. Nice coincidence. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh another Hero's Guide book - woot! Will be adding that to my to-buy list! Love all of your choices.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much looking forward to Cress and Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete