Thursday, March 26, 2020

New Feature! Friday Focus Starts Tomorrow!

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you are quarantining well, washing hands, staying sane, getting exercise and reading! Our district is just completing its second full week of Virtual Learning. The feedback has been mostly positive. My colleagues in both the elementary and middle schools have jumped in and given their all - sharing ideas and resources freely. 

As I was trying to organize all these ideas into a more user-friendly document, I spied a link to this Padlet on author, Elly Swartz's FB page. We "Specials" have been asked to contribute to a "Fun Friday" internal website, where students will take a break from academics each week to participate in art, music, PE, etc. The academic teachers then get some time to prepare new lessons, answer emails, assess and the myriad of behind-the-scenes magic that all teachers do. As I was linking to Elly's site on my page for my fifth graders to explore, the idea for Focus Friday popped into my head thanks to her. I'm going to add Focus Friday here as well and will focus on a different author each week. For now, it will be middle grade authors since I have fifth graders for specials this trimester. Once we're back in school, or when summer vacation hits, I will expand the focus to include YA authors. 

Tune in tomorrow for the first  "Focus Friday."

No comments:

Post a Comment