Friday, February 7, 2020

Friday Memes: The King of Crows by Libba Bray

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice.

Image: LBYR

The King of Crows by Libba Bray. Diviners #4. 552 p. Little, Brown and Company, February 4, 2020. 9780316126090.

Publisher synopsis: After the horrifying explosion that claimed one of their own, the Diviners find themselves wanted by the US government, and on the brink of war with the King of Crows.

While Memphis and Isaiah run for their lives from the mysterious Shadow Men, Isaiah receives a startling vision of a girl, Sarah Beth Olson, who could shift the balance in their struggle for peace. Sarah Beth says she knows how to stop the King of Crows-but, she will need the Diviners' help to do it.

Elsewhere, Jericho has returned after his escape from Jake Marlowe's estate, where he has learned the shocking truth behind the King of Crow's plans. Now, the Diviners must travel to Bountiful, Nebraska, in hopes of joining forces with Sarah Beth and to stop the King of Crows and his army of the dead forever.

But as rumors of towns becoming ghost towns and the dead developing unprecedented powers begin to surface, all hope seems to be lost.

In this sweeping finale, The Diviners will be forced to confront their greatest fears and learn to rely on one another if they hope to save the nation, and world from catastrophe...


First Line: On the last day that the town of Beckettsville would ever know, the weather was so fine you could see all the way to the soft blue skin of the horizon.

Page 56: "A spot came open with a band, the Harlem Haymakers, and I had to jump on it. They have their own bus and everything. I'll be gone about three months. Maybe longer. It's a good way to make money and a name for myself and...Oh, horsefeathers, Ling. I need to leave New York. All these ghosts. And...us."

4 comments:

  1. I just saw this one yesterday on GR and thought it looked wicked! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read DIVINERS and knew there was a sequel but didn't know there were two sequels. Eek. So far behind. My quotes from Ordinary Hazards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first 3 books - and I can't wait to listen to this one on audio! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first as an arc but then read the next two as audio. I agree! The audios were spectacular. January LaVoy is a fave narrator of mine. I would've continued reading with my ears but the audiobook is not out yet.

      Delete