Thursday, May 31, 2018

#tbt: Happy 20th Anniversary Harry Potter!

#tbt wishes a happy twentieth anniversary to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Yes, it was twenty years ago this month when American readers met the boy who lived. I was invited by Scholastic to celebrate Brian Selznick and his new covers. Mr. Selznik shared his sketches with a roomful of fans and graciously signed copies of the book. Unfortunately, the new covers are only being released in paperback, which will not hold up in my library. Those books are constantly checked out and paperbacks will not hold up. Scholastic also gifted participants with a beautiful poster featuring all seven covers which will hang in the library after I get it mounted on foam core. 



There were photo ops available with brooms and such; but I took few pictures. My stupid phone was dying (honestly, I hardly run anything and it loses power so fast)! I needed to preserve power for a phone call to the hub when I reached the bus stop. 

Happy birthday Harry! And, many thanks to Scholastic for inviting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment