Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Best First Lines


TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is top ten beginnings/ endings of books. 

Here are eight from books I've recently read and two from books that are near the top of TOM, my tbr mountain.

In alphabetical order by title:


"I was home alone on that Friday evening."
Ashfall by Mike Mullin


"A girl sat just three chairs down from Noah talking to her hand."
BZRK by Michael Grant


"We sit together outside the Fosters Freeze at a sea-green, metal picnic table."
Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan


"The shrinkadinks think I have a screw loose."
Dear LIfe, You Suck by Scott Blagden



"I yawp most mornings to irritate my father, the Brute."
Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets  by Evan Roskos



"My sister Rose lives on the mantelpiece. Well, some of her does."
My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher


"You've never met anyone like me. Unless, of course, you've met someone who survived her mother trying to drown her and now lives with an alcoholic father."
Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington


"Death stalked the spider, pre-algebra book in hand."
Texting the Underworld by Ellen Booraem
due out August  15, 2013.



"Losing sucks."
Zombie Baseball Beatdown by Paolo Bacigalupi
due out  September 10, 2013

Not yet read, but can't wait:

"The only thing worse than having my best friend sleep with my boyfriend the night of my father's funeral would be if she killed my dad herself."
The F - It  List by Julie Halpern
due out November 10, 2013


"Here is the boy, drowning."
More Than This by Patrick Ness
due out September 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment