Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Waiting on Wednesday Student Post: Rise of the School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

Rise of the School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani. 368 p. HarperCollins Publishers, June 7, 2022. 9780063161528.

Waiting on Wednesday features a guest post by an eighth grader: As you all probably know by now, I am a HUGE fan of Soman Chainani's books and love (and maybe own) every single one. Well, TMS readers, I have very good news! About two weeks ago, Chainani announced that he wrote yet another book, and I was beyond excited! How could I resist asking to write a Waiting on Wednesday recommendation? Due to release on June 7th of 2022, Rise of the School for Good and Evil will tell the events prior to Agatha and Sophie's adventures. featuring iconic characters, fairy tales, and key elements from the first series. The book will act as the first of many in a prequel series to The School For Good and Evil. Beyond this, I will refrain from saying any apparent details, because they will spoil the first series if you're looking to read it. We don't want that, do we? So, here is the publisher synopsis:
-----
The battle between Good and Evil begins. Two brothers. One Good. One Evil. Together they watch over the Endless Woods. Together they choose the students for the School for Good and Evil. Together they train them, teach them, prepare them for their fate. Then, something happens. Something unexpected. Something powerful. Something that will change everything and everyone. Who will survive? Who will rule the School?

The journey starts here. Every step is filled with magic, surprises, and daring deeds that test courage, loyalty, and who you really are. But they only lead you to the very beginning of the adventures that are THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL.
-----
I am so excited for this book to release! Have a great day, TMS readers!

*As you may know, Lia is the one who kept recommending The School for Good and Evil to me. I am embarrassed to admit that it took me a long time to finally do it, but I'm so glad I did. Thanks to Lia for both the initial recommendation and the heads up on the prequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment