Monday, December 16, 2019

Middle Grade Monday: Wrecking Ball by Jeff Kinney

Image: Abrams

Wrecking Ball by Jeff Kinney. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #14. 224 p. Amulet Books/ Abrams, November, 2019. 9781419739033. (Review of finished purchased copy.)

Middle Grade Monday features Wrecking Ball by Jeff Kinney. Yes, Greg and the Hefley family are back in book fourteen of a series that is still going strong and quite popular at TMS. The Hefleys find out that they've inherited some money from an aunt they hardly knew. After attending the wrong funeral, they collect their check and decide to renovate their home. Greg, of course has big dreams about all the luxurious amenities. Anyone who has lived through a home renovation knows it can be a headache at best and a nightmare at worst. Three couples I knew got divorced shortly after their own renovations! 

I guess I am mentally stuck at age eleven because I find this series hilarious. Sure, some are better than others, but Greg is so humorously self-centered. I will continue buying them and reading them as long as my students' interest remains high. That shows no sign of flagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment