Thursday, January 17, 2019

#tbt: Alanna: the adventure begins by Tamora Pierce


Alanna: the first adventure by Tamora Pierce. Song of the Lioness series #1. 210 p. Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Reissue edition September, 2014. Originally published in 1983. 9781481439589.

Twelve-year-old Alanna of Trebond wants nothing more than to be a knight. But girls are not knights. She convinces her twin, Thom, to help her become Alan and keep her secret.  

A student recommended this book to me some thirteen or fourteen years ago. I loved it and went on to read the rest of the quartet and most of the companion quartets. The world building is vivid and the characters are memorable. I highly recommend this author to my fans of fantasy. 

The author wrote a prequel of sorts that is a new series beginner. The book is called Tempest and Slaughter and I am currently reading it with my ears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment