Saturday, July 22, 2017

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got this week.

I attended a Scholastic Reading Summit in the Washington D.C. area on Tuesday. I went to one two years ago in the Boston area and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd make a little trip to DC not realizing that Herndon, VA is not all that close and convenient to DC. Doable, but I got a late start on Monday and didn't get to see anything once I got there. But l took the long way home and hit three Civil War battle fields.

I highly recommend attending one of these Summits if they are in your area. As conferences go, it is not expensive and you get so much. Plus, there's a Scholastic Book Fair too!

Each attendee got a cool messenger bag filled with some conference material and these books:


Dog Man by Dav Pilkey.


Riding Chance by Christine Kendall.


Pink is for Blobfish by Jess Keating. 


The Reading Zone by Nancie Atwell & Anne Atwell Merkel.

I already have the first three books in my library and have read two of the three. I may just give these books away to some new teachers in my building. I have not read The Reading Zone and am behind in my professional reading.


I also received Groovy Joe: Ice Cream and Dinosaurs by Erc Litwin for signing up for.., hm, you know? I can't remember. 

Then, of course, I bought from the fair. I showed great restraint and resisted buying tons. Here's what I couldn't resist:


Every Child a Super Reader by Pam Allyne & Ernest Morrell.


The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors by Drew Daywalt. Illustrated by Adam Rex.


Shark Lady: the true story of how Eugenie Clark became the ocean's most fearless scientist by Jess Keating.


Abraham by Frank Keating.


Olinguito, from A to Z!/ ¡Olinguito, de la A a la Z! Unveiling the Cloud Forest by Lulu Delacre.


Good Dog by Nicola Jane Swinney

That's what's new with me. What's new with you?

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad about the Scholastic Reading Summit, but it's wonderful you were able to sightsee on the way home. Enjoy your new reads and have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete