Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Lair of Dreams: a Diviners Novel by Libba Bray

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share the titles we are eagerly anticipating.


The Lair (A Diviners Novel) by Libba Bray. 608 p. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, April 22, 2013. 978031612605.

Publisher synopsis: After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...
Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?

If you haven't yet read The Diviners, you simply must. I adored it. I think the cover redesign is very cool, but I really liked the original. I wonder what prompted the change.

2 comments:

  1. This is the fourth time I saw this book in this week's WoW's. It's like it's telling me to read The Diviners already, lol! :)

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved The Diviners! Mainly because of the era though. I'm not too keen on the redesign, kind of liked the style of it better. But oh well, what counts is the content, and it is no doubt going to be good!

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete