Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - The Tortoise and the Hare by Jerry Pinkney

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share the titles of books we are eagerly anticipating.



The Tortoise and the Hare by Jerry Pinkney. 40 p. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, October 1, 2013. 9780316183567.

Publisher synopsis: This companion to the Caldecott Medal-winning The Lion & the Mouse is Jerry Pinkney's most stunning masterpiece yet. Even the slowest tortoise can defeat the quickest hare, and even the proudest hare can learn a timeless lesson from the most humble tortoise: Slow and steady wins the race! Here is a superbly rendered journey from starting line to finish that embodies the bravery, perseverance, and humility we can all find inside ourselves.

I am such a fan of Jerry Pinkney. Love, love, loved his Noah's Ark and was so disappointed that it just got a Caldecott Honor instead of the medal and was so very happy that Lion & Mouse finally won this incredible artist the gold. I actually saw an fng at the Little Brown spring preview, so I already know that it's totally brilliant. I can't wait to own the hardcover.

What are you waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. Not really something I'd read but I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete