Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Memes - Jessica Darling's It List #1: the (totally not) guaranteed guide to popularity, prettiness & perfection

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice.

I've had a stressful and eventful couple of weeks which has impacted my "book-a-day" rate as well as any memory of whatever I've read. I needed something fun and fluffy to read and this is what I found on TOM, my tbr pile.


Jessica Darling's It List #1: the (totally not) guaranteed guide to popularity, prettiness & perfection by Megan Mccafferty. 224 p. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, September 3, 2013. 9780316244992. (arc provided by the publisher)

Publisher synopsis: 
I hadn't even gotten to homeroom yet and I'd already discovered five hard truths about junior high:
1. My best friend had turned pretty.
2. She didn't know it yet.
3. It wouldn't be long before she did.
4. That knowledge would change everything between us.
5. And there wasn't a thing I could do about it.
It's the first day of seventh grade. Is Jessica Darling doomed for dorkdom?

First Line:

What happens when EVERYTHING you know about ANYTHING is ALL WRONG?

Page 55:

"The what?" I asked, unsure if I had heard her correctly.

"The Unbreakable Laws of Cafeteria Line Cutting," Sara said. "Obey or die."

Page 56 consisted of the List so I flipped to page 55 and loved that line.

This series is a prequel to the series that started with Sloppy Firsts, which I have in my library but never got around to reading.

3 comments:

  1. My 'book a day' routine fails almost every week, there's just soo much to do! This book sounds like a fun read! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect stress antidote...enjoy! Here's my Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/08/friday-focus-friday-56-and-book_9.html

    ReplyDelete