Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April is National Poetry Month


Wow, it's April, 2013 already! Holy cow! The year is 1/4 over! How did that happen? And, it's Poetry Month! What will I do? And it's April 2, so I missed my chance to do something about poetry every day in April. Wait. No I didn't. I reviewed Brick by Brick yesterday. Phew! I'm good.

I also contributed some book spine poems over the past month and Travis has posted the gallery over at 100 Scope Notes. Go check it out. There are some great poems.

I will be the first to admit that my blog has no theme. I like to think it reflects my desire to read across age groups and genres in order to be a good school librarian and provide effective reader's advisory. But, I'm just distractible and disorganized. My intentions are good. I have read four poetry books recently in anticipation of the month, but sadly, my reviewing has been spotty despite my best intentions. We'll see. No promises.

Happy poetry month! Keep a poem in your pocket!

PS: I swiped the image above from Poets.org, a truly marvelous resource for anyone interested in poetry. Please visit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment