Wednesday, July 29, 2026

#tbt: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. 368 p. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, February 21, 2012. 9781442408920.

I was quite surprised and saddened to learn of the death of Benjamin Alire Sáenz on FB yesterday. I was in the room when he received his Printz Honor for this book. His speech was so warm and humble. It not only won a Printz Honor, but also the Pura Belpré Award and the Stonewall Book Award. 

I adored the book when I finally got around to reading it with my ears. It was beautifully narrated by Lin Manuel-Miranda. 

Here's a link to a lovely obituary in El Paso Matters. It was through this article that I learned the author has a new YA set to be published in September. More on that next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment