Monday, October 3, 2022

Middle Grade Monday and Audiobook Review: Out of My Heart by Sharon M. Draper

Out of My Heart by Sharon M. Draper. Unabridged audiobook, ~7 hours. Read by Sisi Aisha Johnson. Simon & Schuster Audio, November, 2021. (Review of e-audiobook borrowed from the public library.)

Happy Monday! I hope you had a cozy weekend. It has been chilly here in northern NJ and this weekend's much needed rain made staying indoors easy. We got the remnants of Hurricane Ian. Not a ton of rain, but very high winds. My neighbor had a huge tree fall. Thankfully it fell away from his house. 

Middle Grade Monday features Out of My Heart by Sharon M. Draper. This sequel to Out of My Mind has Melody contemplating her summer. Her classmates are all heading to a variety of camps and Melody wonders if there's one that would accept her. With the help of the librarian and her public library, Melody finds a camp that caters to kids with special needs. Fans of the first book will not be disappointed. Melody is just as spunky and funny. Readers will cheer as she finds her courage, makes friends and maybe even finds her first crush?

No comments:

Post a Comment