Monday, September 12, 2022

Middle Grade Monday: Remarkably Ruby by Terri Libenson


Remarkably Ruby by Terri Libenson. Emma and Friends Series. 368 p. Balzer + Bray/ HarperCollins, May, 2022. 9780063139183. (Review of finished copy borrowed from public library.)

Happy Monday! I had a lazy, unproductive weekend. I did take Boo for two three-mile walks each day and went to yoga though. I guess you could say I rested up in preparation for my first full week of school. Middle Grade Monday features Remarkably Ruby by Terri Libenson. This is book number six in the graphic novel hybrid series, Emmie and Friends. I have the first three books in my library and they're quite popular. I lost track of the series though and discovered that this is book six! They don't need to be read in order and I have some ordering to do!

Ruby is shy, clumsy and anxious. She just wants to stay under the radar and not have her goofs broadcast on social media. Her probably former best friend, Mia is everything Ruby is not. She's also running for class president and embarrassed by Ruby. However, Mia struggles with anxiety as well and as her campaign heats up ends up alienating her circle of friends as well.

As with the other books in the series, the balance of text and art is pleasing. Characters and situations are relatable and there's plenty of humor. These books are a great addition to any type of library.


No comments:

Post a Comment