Monday, April 11, 2022

Middle Grade Monday: Share Your Smile: Raina's Guide to Telling Your Own Story by Raina Telgemeier

Share Your Smile: Raina's Guide to Telling Your Own Story by Raina Telgemeier. 144 p. Graphix/ Scholastic Inc., April, 2019. 9781338353846. (Review of purchased copy.)

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The weather here was quite unusual! It was supposed to rain on Saturday and be nice on Sunday. Both days were windy and raw, but the sun was definitely out more on Saturday even though it did rain at times. Neither day was particularly inviting to be in the garden, but I managed to fill six cans with yard debris. I laugh whenever I think of the time I wished for a bigger piece of property!

Middle Grade Monday features Share Your Smile: Raina's Guide to Telling Your Own Story by Raina Telgemeier. I'm not sure how I missed this book's publication in 2019, but Im glad I spotted it at our recent PTO/ Scholastic Book Fair! 

Ms. Telgemeier's books are TMS favorites and in this one, the graphic novelist shares her creative process to encourage young writers to tell their own story. There are writing prompts, family photos, step-by-step illustrations from thumbnail sketches to inking-everything a budding graphic novelist might need to know. There are also blank pages meant for the reader to sketch out ideas, but please don't write or draw in the library book, TMS Readers! Grab a separate sheet of paper to try out all of Ms. Telegemeier's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment