Friday, November 12, 2021

Fact Friday: What the Eagle Sees: Indigenous Stories of Rebellion and Renewal by Eldon Yellowhorn & Kathy Lowinger

What the Eagle Sees: Indigenous Stories of Rebellion and Renewal by Eldon Yellowhorn & Kathy Lowinger. 136 p. Annick Press, November, 2019. 9781773213286. (Review of paperback borrowed from public library.)

Happy Friday! Forgive the short post ahead. I definitely did not do this important book justice. I must admit that I am still struggling with time, attention and energy.

Fact Friday features What the Eagle Sees: Indigenous Stories of Rebellion and Renewal by Eldon Yellowhorn & Kathy Lowinger. This slim volume presents an overview of significant events in the history of North American Indigenous Peoples who inhabited this land for 10,000 years before Europeans "discovered" it. 

Accessible and attractively designed, it is also packed with photographs and maps. Back matter includes a glossary, selected sources that includes websites, image sources and an index.

I don't know how I missed this back in 2019, but I'm adding it to my school library collection. Isn't that cover just stunning?

No comments:

Post a Comment