Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Teen Tuesday and Audiobook Review: Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi

Image: Macmillan

Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi. 

Legacy of Orïsha Series #2. Unabridged e-audiobook, ~ 13 hours. Read by Bahni Turpin. Macmillan Audio, December, 2019. 9781250309907. (Review of e-audiobook borrowed from the public library.)


Teen Tuesday features Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi. This is book two of the Legacy of Orïsha series. The vivid worldbuilding continues in this sequel to Children of Blood and Bone. You absolutely must have read the first book to appreciate the twists and turns of the second. If you love mythology-based adventure, spread your wings and travel to West Africa to meet Zélie Adebola and learn of her quest to return magic to Orïsha.

I fell in love with book one when I somehow lucked into receiving an arc. Click here for that review. I never did get around to rereading it with my ears when I learned that Bahni Turpin narrated. But I did choose to read book two with my ears. Turpin turns in another stellar performance. Her voices are superb. I enjoyed the book. I recommend it. But, this sequel could've been shorter. There was a lot of repetition. It is a filler between book one and three. I am still eager for book three, whenever that drops though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment