Saturday, December 22, 2018

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got this week.

School is out for winter break and not a day too soon. I caught a bit of something and dragged myself through the week. Gotta get through a crazy busy weekend of picking up groceries, the tree that my husband bought before he flew to Colorado to ski with our youngest (adult) son, picking them up at the airport tonight. Cooking, baking and decorating all day tomorrow... Oh! And running my lab, Friday to the vet this morning because he's got a hotspot cooking. I'm so tired, I don't even feel like reading!

For review:

Barbara Jordan: politician and Civil Rights leader by Duchess Harris, JD, PHD with Deirdre R. J. Head. Freedom's Promise series. 48 p. Core Library/ Abdo Publishing, January 1, 2019. 9781532117664.

Publisher synopsis: Barbara Jordan’s work as an educator, a lawyer, and a politician helped shape the American civil rights movement. Barbara Jordan: Politician and Civil Rights Leader explores her legacy. Easy-to-read text, vivid images, and helpful back matter give readers a clear look at this subject. Features include a table of contents, infographics, a glossary, additional resources, and an index. Aligned to Common Core Standards and correlated to state standards.

Purchased: Nothing! I did receive more gift cards though, so I had better get to spending them!


If you leave a comment, I will definitely stop by and try to comment back - unless commenters have to sign onto Discus or whatever that's called. But I will check out your stack!

1 comment:

  1. That looks interesting and like a book my daughter might like (she's 7 and going through a phase where she wants all the books she reads to teach her about something, which I'm down for, except we don't have a lot of those in our personal library).

    Hope you have a great weekend and fabulous holiday. - Katie

    ReplyDelete