Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Daily Booktalk: Teen Tuesday: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han


To all the boys I've loved before trilogy by Jenny Han. 

Welcome back to school! It's Teen Tuesday! Last school year, I featured Jenny Han's Summer I Turned Pretty series. Seventh and eighth graders who love romance really enjoy these books. Han recently finished a second romance trilogy called, To All the Boys I've Loved Before. I call the first trilogy the Belly books and the second, the Lara Jean books for simplicity. This first-person narration tells the story of the Song girls. Lara Jean is the middle daughter in the Song-Covey family. Her older sister attends college in Scotland and her much younger sister is a bit of headstrong handful. Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic but has never had a boyfriend. She has had crushes though and when each crush ended, she wrote break-up letters and kept them all in addressed envelopes in her hat box. One by one, the boys receive their letters in the mail. How did this happen? What will she do?

No comments:

Post a Comment