This week's TTT theme over at Broke and Bookish is Blogging Goals/ Resolutions.
Both my blogging and reading rates plummeted this year. Even though I reached my 2013 GR reading goal of 450 books, I scaled it back to 400 because I was facing radiation and could already feel myself slowing down. Did not make 400, didn't even make a book a day. I am not grieving my failed goals, rather, I chose to celebrate the fact that I could read those 352 books.
1. Scaling back my total yet again, back to 365.
2. I didn't read a ton of YA in 2014. While I upped my non-fiction and middle grade reading, picture book and YA reading declined.
3. I need to read more in the genres I don't really enjoy - mystery and horror.
4. I need to play less 2048 and Bejewelled and read more. I am woefully behind. The TBR is threatening to Collierize me.
5. Read more with my ears. For some reason, I read fewer audiobooks this year.
6. Review more of what I read. There was a time that I reviewed each book I read. Once I committed to a book-a-day, that fell away but now I am lucky if I review even the books I adore. My energy stores are not back and writing takes me so dang long. Segue to #7.
7. Write faster and smarter. Sometimes I cringe when I look back and reread something I posted. This leads me to...
8. Write the post but don't publish it for a week. Reread then. Hopefully, I won't be cringing so much then.
9. Comment more on blogs I follow. And respond to folks who take the time to comment on mine. I used to be religious about that.
10. Accept whatever output (reading/ blogging) for what it is and enjoy it. 2015 is going to be a great year.