Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Want to Reread

Today's TTT topic is, Books I Want to Reread. I'm not much of a re-reader because my tbr pile is unmanageable as it is. Every so often though, a book touches my heart and I make time to reread it, often with my ears (or eyes if I read it with my ears first. 

When I do re-read in a different format, I wish Goodreads would let me count it.


 

The Chronicles of Kazam series by Jasper Fforde.

I've only recently read The Song of the Quarkbeast and have yet to read #3, The Eye of Zoltar. The writing is so rich and lovely and the worldbuilding is quite vivid that part of me wants to re-read the first two before reading the third.


Into the Grey by Celine Kiernan. I read this recently and marked it a 2014 favorite. When I learned that it had been made into an audiobook, I promptly ordered it. I'm looking forward to hearing it in an Irish accent. 


Secret Hum of Daisy by Tracy Holczer. This lyrical debut has stuck with me since I read the arc. When I see the book in my library, I often open to a random page and start reading.


Jellico Road by Melina Marchetta. I've already read this one twice and would love to read it (and every one of Marchetta's books) again.


The Boy on a Wooden Box: how the impossible became possible on Schindler's List by Leon Leyson. 


The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis by Barbara O'Connor. Regular readers of this blog know about my admiration for Barbara O'Connor's books.


We Were Here by Matt de la Peña. Regular readers also know about how much I love Matt's books. I recently re-read this all-time favorite of mine with my ears.


The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. This is the only book that I have re-read more than once. I can't tell you how many times but I've read it with both my eyes and ears more than once and I've cried each time. I heard that there was a sequel in the works but that was a few years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment