Friday, January 1, 2016

Taking Stock - December - 2015 - Month & Year!

Out with the old and in with the new. Let go of the past and face the future. I did not meet my Goodreads goal of 365 books. I haven't met my GR goals in the past 2 years. No worries. I've been busy with new things that detract from my reading time. The important thing is that I read 285 books and favorited nearly 60 of them! 

I read 74 of those 285 books with my ears. Again a drop in reading with my ears but I'm focusing on what I accomplished in a busy year. 

Reading resolutions for the upcoming year? Well, I set my GR goal at 366 books, one for each day of this Leap Year. (Should leap year be capitalized?) Perhaps I should vow to read a picture book a day. But since I couldn't even read a picture book for each day of Picture Book Month (November), this is not a realistic goal. 

I do want to up my reviewing though. I probably said that last New Year's Day. Wait a sec, let me check. 

...

Back. Yes, I did. I posted two fewer times in 2015 as compared to 2014. In 2013, when I switched my blog over to Blogger, I posted 262 times. 

Oh! Happy anniversary at Blogger to me. I started blogging in December of 2008 over at LiveJournal. Huh, 7 years of blogging and I'm still having fun.  

And that's the point. I'm having fun. I'm not going to beat myself up over the monstrous tbr or the crappy reviews I write. I will be present and grateful.

Happy New Year folks! Make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment