Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday Memes: Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice.


Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach. 302 p. Sourcebooks, May 3, 2016. 9781402291449.

Publisher synopsis: none online yet. From the back cover: Taco's mom always said, "Today is the best day of your life, and tomorrow will be even better." That was hard to believe the day she died of cancer and when Taco's dad had to move up north for work, but he sure did believe it when Maggie Corrigan agreed to go with him to junior prom. Taco loves Maggie-even more than the tacos that earned him his nickname. And she loves him right back.

Except, all that love? It gets Maggie pregnant. Everyone else may be freaking out, but Taco can't wait to have a real family again. He just has to figure out what it means to be a dad and how to pass calculus. And then there's getting Maggie's parents to like him. Because it would be so much easier for them to be together if he didn't have to climb the side of the Corrigan's house to see her.

First line: When did this start? Dug, dingus. Last spring.

Page 56: I kept repeating to myself, This is the best day ever.

I didn't feel so great though. Not at all.

I am really enjoying Taco's voice so far. He's endearingly naive. And, doesn't the cover image remind you of a young Nicolas Cage?

4 comments:

  1. I love Herbach's Stupid Fast. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say he reminds me of a young Nic Cage... :) Hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and easy read!
    Happy new year and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting synopsis, not the kind of contemporary I usually read. I hope you enjoy it, Happy Weekend!
    My Friday:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete