Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Waiting on Wednesday: City of the Plague God by Sarwat Chadda

Image: Rick Riordan Presents/ Disney

City of the Plague God by Sarwat Chadda. Rick Riordan Presents/ Disney, January, 2021!

I am a huge fan of Sarwat Chadda's Ash Mistry trilogy. I also loved his Shadow Magic Trilogy, written under the name, Joshua Khan. When I spied an announcement by the author on social media awhile back, I threw the title on my spreadsheet and waited for more information. Since we are home for at least two weeks doing virtual schooling, I figured now was a good time to highlight this title, even though we have to wait awhile for it!

Publisher synopsis: Inspired by Mesopotamian mythology, the story follows Sikander Aziz, a Muslim boy born and raised in New York City, as he teams up with legendary hero Gilgamesh to defeat the ancient god of plagues before the entire population of Manhattan is wiped out.

While you're waiting for what promises to be a rip-roaring adventure, why don't you check out The Savage Fortress or Shadow Magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment