Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - 2016 Favorites

The theme of TTT over at Broke and Bookish is favorites of 2016. Hm-m. I favorited 96 books this year on GR. My top ten YA, in no particular order-


Samurai Rising: the epic life of Minamoto Yoshitsune by Pamela S. Turner.


Heartless by Marissa Meyer. Man, this story of a young Queen of Hearts is just so delicious, I wish it was not a stand-alone.

Ashes by Laurie Halse Anderson. A totally satisfying conclusion to the Seeds of Revolution trilogy and absolutely worth the wait.


Falling Over Sideways by Jordan Sonnenblick. 



An Ember in the Ashes (and a Torch Against the Night) by Sabaa Tahir.


The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. I loved booktalking this to my eighth graders and telling them it was my favorite book of the summer despite the fact that I hate romances.


We Will Not Be Silent by Russell Freedman. Be prepared to weep.


The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash.


Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan.


A Prince without a Kingdom by Timothée de Fombelle. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover for The Sun is Also a Star! It's so different. It sounds like a really good story. I have it on my TBR list but haven't gotten to it yet. I haven't heard of the others on your list. I will have to check them out. I trying to branch out to other genres in 2017. I primarily read romances this year, and I think I need a little change.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of great things about The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love - I'll have to give it a shot. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete