Saturday, July 2, 2016

What's New? Stacking the Shelves - ALA Annual Audio Edition


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got this week.

I had such a great time at ALA Annual in Orlando this past weekend! I was really glad to get home on Tuesday. Four boxes of books beat me home and the rest arrived on Wednesday. Such amazing books are coming in the next months. I don't know where to begin. I featured some of the arcs on a Top Ten Tuesday post earlier this week. Let me show you the audiobooks I bought.

One of my go-to booths is the Books on Tape booth. I usually buy some cool audiobooks for $20 a pop. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget what I already have and have purchased duplicates. This year, I actually bought two at the conference! Silly me. Apologies for leaving out bibliographic information and synopses as I am rushing to schedule this and have no time. 



Being Jazz: my life as a (transgender) teen by Jazz Jennings. I bought this in the first batch. Then promptly forgot that I had and bought another copy on the last day of exhibits. No worries, I'm sending this on to Never Counted Out with a bunch of books. 



Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk.



Red: the true story of Red Riding Hood by Liesl Shurtliff.


The Last Star by Rick Yancey. This is the exciting conclusion to the Fifth Wave trilogy.



Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Perez.



Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit.



Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys.



Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart.



Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan. This was a freebie at the booth. It's one of the few books by Levithan I have not read. 



Stonewall: breaking out in the fight for gay rights by Ann Bausum. This was actually a freebie at the Audiobook Buzz presentation. I bought it and listened to it a while ago, but thought I would pick it up to gift to either my sister or send it on to Never Counted Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment