Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday:Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them

This weeks TTT theme over at Broke and Bookish is top ten things books have made me want to do or learn. Here are eight I could easily come up with:



A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park made me want to learn more about Africa, water and genocides.



Frederick's Journey by Doreen Rappaport. I am going to read Douglass' autobiography.



Doreen by Ilana Manaster sent me back to reread The Picture of Dorian Gray.



Radiant Child by Javaka Steptoe. I had never heard of Jean-Michel Basquiat until listening to Steptoe talk about his process in writing and illustrating this picture book biography. Now, I want to visit museums to view his work.



Ada's Violin by Susan Hood. After reading this luminous story, I went right to the Internet to find videos of the orchestra.



Bird & Diz
by Gary Golio. Of course, I had to look up a recording of Salt Peanuts to play while I shared this incredible book. 



The Boys Who Challenged Hitler
by Phillip Hoose. This prompted me to check out 

We Will Not by Silent by Russell Freedman. The two work really well together if you teach history.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out those last two... :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how diverse your list is! Here's my TTT: http://frenchizal.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-books-made-me-do-it.html

    ReplyDelete