Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - My Life as a Gamer by Janet Tashjian

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share the titles we are eagerly anticipating.


My Life as a Gamer by Janet Tashjian. Illustrated by Jake Tashjian. My Life series. 272 p. Henry Holt and Co., April 7, 2014. 9780805098518.

Publisher synopsis: Derek Fallon gets the chance of a lifetime—to participate in a gaming company focus group and to test out a new video game called "Arctic Ninja." Together with his friends Carly, Matt, and Umberto, Derek thinks his gaming talents will be showcased. But he soon realizes that everyone has got him beat, including whiz kid El Cid. On top of that, school reading tests have begun and Derek feels doubly off his game. Isn't there anything he's good at?

This series is quite popular at my school. It has wimp-appeal but also has substance so I'm happy to recommend it. I learned of this new release from a student!

No comments:

Post a Comment