Saturday, July 20, 2013

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


StS is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Pop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got.

Quiet week for me. I was away and haven't yet checked my school mailbox. This was in my home mailbox from SLJ for review:


Killer Species #1: Menace from the Deep by Michael P. Spradin. 240 p. Scholastic Inc., June, 2013. 9780545506717.

Publisher synopsis: A brand-new action-packed series from Michael P. Spradlin. Each book covers a genetically engineered super predator wreaking havoc on the environment.
Emmet Doyle is not in the best mood when he arrives in Florida City. His father is a wildlife biologist, and has been summoned to the Everglades, dragging Emmet along with him. Though still in mourning from losing his mom a year ago, Emmet's trying hard to keep a good attitude.
Upon their arrival, however, things quickly get weird. Dr. Rosalita Geaux, the Park Superintendent, wastes no time in revealing the reason she called Emmet's father to Florida. A strange creature was recently found dead in the park, and upon seeing it, it becomes clear to everyone that this is not a native species. This is man-made.
Deep in the swamp, someone has been experimenting to create a new breed of apex predator. And they're about to set them loose.
I enjoyed the author's Youngest Templar books. This one looks interesting.

That's what's new with me. What's new with you? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book my sixth graders would love. I'll be eager to hear what you think. Please come see what I added to my stacks at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already read it (swallowed whole in one sitting) and am reviewing it for SLJ, so there won't be a review here. I will admit that I was prepared to roll my eyes, but the action begins almost immediately, the suspense builds quickly, the boy friendship is well done and there's a sequel. Should please.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete