Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share titles we are eagerly anticipating. This week's entry is credited to The Bookish Confection. Thanks for the heads up, Nina.



Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3). Little, Brown and Company, April 29, 2014. 

Publisher synopsis: Dreams starts where Days left off, with Karou and Akiva discovering each other alive - although Karou is still not ready to forgive Akiva for killing the only family she has ever known. And now, though an act of staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chamber rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance.

When Jael's brutal angel army trespasses into the human world, Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people. And perhaps, for themselves - maybe even toward love. But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. From the streets of Rome to the caves of Kirin and beyond, humans chimaera, and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.


When the first book came out to much buzz, I was a bit over paranormal fiction. I was so so tired of the love triangles and otherwise competent female characters turning to mush and a puddle of indecision over two guys. So I put the arc on TOM and kept passing over it. I finally gave it a try when I discovered it while browsing the audiobooks at my local public library. Review here. The advantage to coming late to a series is the shorter wait for the sequel. I decided to read it with my ears again and couldn't wait for my library cooperative to acquire it so I bought it. Review here




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Brenda!

    Oh, the third book will be coming out next year!! YAY!!! I've read the first one, and own the second one, but haven't read it yet. I have to run over to Goodreads and put this one on my TBR!! Hey, thanks for the heads up!! I'll plan on reading "Days of Blood and Starlight" before April, 2014, so I'll be ready for "Dreams of Gods and Monsters"!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my WOW, too!! Happy 4th of July!! :)

    ReplyDelete