Thursday, August 10, 2023

#tbt: Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur

Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur. 216 p. Wendy Lamb Books/ Random House Children's Books, 2011. (Own)

Happy Thursday! #tbt features Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur. On Monday, I mentioned this book when I recommended Seven Clues to Home. Elise's mother died when she was born and her father died three years later. She has been living with her aunt and uncle on their farm. The second floor of the barn has eight locked doors, which Elise never wondered about until keys started appearing after her twelfth birthday. Middle school has been tough for Elise. She's being bullied, her best friend, Franklin, has become embarrassing and she's falling behind academically. What will she discover behind those locked barn doors?

Eight Keys was Ms. LaFleur's second novel and was published in 2011. Her debut, Love, Aubrey was published in 2009 and is one of my favorite books to give to readers who want sad books.

PS: I linked the cover image to the audiobook on the PRH website. This is the cover of the book in my library. I don't love the paperback cover. It's fine, but something about the original cover speaks to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment