Friday, February 17, 2023

Fact Friday: A Leopard Diary: My Journey into the Hidden World of a Mother and Her Cubs by Suzi Eszterhas

Image: Owlkids 

A Leopard Diary: My Journey into the Hidden World of a Mother and Her Cubs by Suzi Eszterhas. 40 p. Owlkids Books, November, 2022. 978-1771474917. Review of finished copy borrowed from public library.

Happy Friday! Well, I made it! My February break starts at 3:10 today! I am so ready. Nothing is planned for the week except lots of walks with Boo, yoga daily and whatever chores strike my fancy. Oh, and reading. 

Fact Friday features A Leopard Diary: My Journey into the Hidden World of a Mother and Her Cubs by Suzi Eszterhas. I've featured books by Ms. Eszterhas before. She's an uber-talented wildlife photographer whose photoessays are as charming as they are informative. In A Leopard Diary, she traveled to an animal refuge in Botswana to attempt to chronicle how a leopard mothers her cubs. She had the help of an expert guide named Kambango, who successfully tracked the trio as Mama constantly changed den locations. The writing, in diary format, is engaging and the author's enthusiasm and passion for her work is evident. The accompanying photos are crisp and varied as readers get a rare glimpse into the life of a young leopard family.
This stunner won't be a shelf sitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment