Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Teen Tuesday and Audiobook Review: Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater

Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater. Unabridged e-audiobook, ~10 hours, 45 minutes. Dreamer Trilogy #2. Read by Will Patton. Scholastic Audio/ Scholastic Inc. 9781338672923. (Review of downloadable e-audiobook borrowed from the public library.)

Happy final Tuesday of the school year! Phew, I am running out of steam! The travels of this past weekend added to my general end-of-school exhaustion. Last night was the TREP$ Marketplace from 4:30 - 8. Tonight I'm chaperoning the eighth grade dinner dance and I'm attending graduation tomorrow. Then there's the grading to do. I enjoy it all, but it's tiring. 

Teen Tuesday features Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater. This is book two of the Dreamers trilogy, which is a companion trilogy to the Raven Cycle books. Confused yet? Since this is a second book, I will be purposely vague in my description so as not to spoil anything from book one, Call Down the Hawk.

Dreamers Ronan, Hennessey and Bryde are on the run with the Moderators hot on their heels and committed to destroying them. This intricately plotted story features compelling characters and so many twists, readers will get whiplash. While this trilogy stands alone, readers who have read The Raven Cycle, will appreciate Dreamers a bit more. If you are a reader who enjoys magical realism, these are the books for you. I cannot wait for Greywaren, which is due out on October 18. I'm sort of glad I missed the publication of Mister Impossible last May, because my wait for the finale is shortened.

I've listened to most of these two series and have really enjoyed Will Paxton's growly performances. I didn't here. His British accent was inconsistent and just...weird. There were a number of times when a word was pronounced incorrectly and that took me out of the story. I might read Greywaren with my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment