Monday, December 28, 2020

Middle Grade Monday: Dog Man: Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey


Dog Man: Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey. Dog Man series #9. 240 p. Graphix/ Scholastic Inc., September, 2020. 9781338535624. (Review of finished copy courtesy of publisher.)

Happy Monday! I got the cleaning bug yesterday and spent much of it going through the drawers in my bathroom vanity. I threw so much crap out! Oh the things one collects over the years! The laundry room is next. I also took Boo for a three-mile walk and let him loose to run in the woods. How's your break going?

Middle Grade Monday features Dog Man: Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey. Book #9 of this series is still fresh, wacky, punny and funny. Dog Man has earned the ire of the mayor, who forces the Chief to fire him. Dog Man goes into such a funk without his badge that his friends concoct a plan for him to fight crime. That backfires and the mayor jails Dog Man and the entire police force leaving Grampa to continue his crime spree as the Crazed Crud! Oh no!

This series is wildly popular in my library as well as in my public library cooperative. It owns 274 copies of this installment with only 62 available! For good reason - they are accessible, hilarious and colorful. I have multiple copies of most of the books in this series in my school library and you should too! 

Keep 'em coming Mr. Pilkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment