Saturday, December 14, 2019

Still Looking for That Perfect Gift? Jon Klassen's Hat Box!



Image: Candlewick Press

Jon Klassen's Hat Box. I Want My Hat Back; This is Not My Hat and We Found a Hat in one slip-case. Candlewick Press, October, 2019. 9780763666972 (Review of finished copies courtesy of publisher.)

Over the years, I have purchased and read the three books in this subversively delightful trilogy. After the final book released, I had some thoughts, which I shared here. What genius to put all the books together in a handsome and hefty slipcase for triple the enjoyment. Unlike most boxed sets, the books are entirely enclosed. The top is hinged to allow removal of the books.


The front face of the slip-case shows three deadpan characters, a deer, a bear and a turtle. The rear depicts them from, well, the rear. One side panel states, "3 books about 3 hats." The other lists the names of the books in the Hat Trilogy. 

Books make great gifts. Candlewick has served up another terrific possibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment