Monday, September 30, 2019

Taking Stock - September

Wowzers! September sure went by fast! 

Total Books: 14/ 266
Total Posts: 27
Total Reviews: 14

Challenges:
Debut: 2/13
Audio: 6/75
Picture Books: 0!

The Good: Good thing I got 10 books ahead in my GR goal during the final week of summer break because now I'm 7 books behind! 

The Bad: I might be in a bit of a reading slump that can't be totally blamed on the energy I need to get back into the swing of school, lesson planning and grading. Added to that was the stress of taking care of my ailing dog most of the summer. We had to put him down on August 28. I am definitely still grieving. While I was crying all day that day, my husband was on the Internet searching for a puppy. We all grieve differently. We always got our puppies in June when I was off and had the time to housebreak and set consistent rules. This extra stress is taking its toll on my reading as well. He's adorable though and quite smart and sassy. His name is Boo, as in Boo Radley. He came very close to being called Soof. 




The List: 253. Ziggy, Stardust and Me by James Brandon (9/1)*(90)
254. We are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson (9/2)(91)

Summer reading total (91)

255. The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe by Ally Condie (9/7)
256. Mother Goose of Pudding Lane: a small tall tale by Chris Raschka (9/10)
257. Seven and a Half Tons of Steel by Janet Nolan (9/10)
258. The Unteachables by Gordon Korman (9/11)
259. This Bridge Will Not be Gray by Dave Eggers (9/17)
260. Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons #1) (9/20)
261. Nessie Quest by Melissa Savage (9/22)*(SLJ)
262. Diary of a Pug: Pug blasts off by Sonia Sander (9/22)
263. To Night Owl from Dogfish by Holly Goldberg Sloan and Meg Wolitzer (9/23)
264. White Rose by Kip Wilson (9/27)
265. Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich (9/28)
266. Wannabe Farms by Brian McCann (9/29)(SLJ)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Boo is a really sweet pup though. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete