Saturday, June 23, 2018

What's New? Stacking the Shelves: Night of Novels edition

I had the privilege of attending Simon & Schuster's Night of Novels dinner at the historic Napoleon House. There was a buffet of sandwiches, cheese and crackers and pasta as well as waiters carrying trays of goodies around. I tried alligator!!! Yikes! I thought it was sausage and it kind of tasted like sausage.

I am genuinely excited to read each of these books. The authors changed tables every few minutes in a sort of speed-dating. It's always fascinating to hear the story behind the story.





Not a bad start to my summer reading! The titles are (from top to bottom):
Dry by Neal Shusterman and his son, Jarrod (who is Neal's mini-me!)
I'm OK by Patti Kim (OK is pronounced like pork without the p and r, according to the author.)
Everything I Know about You by Barbara Dee
The Boy the Boat and the Beast by Samantha Clark
Rabbit and Robot by Andrew Smith
What I Leave Behind by Allison McGhee (told in 100 100-word chapters - intriguing!)
A Heart in the Body of the World by Deb Caletti
To the left is a three-chapter teaser of Sharon Draper's next mg, Blended. 

I learned from Andrew Smith that the restaurant was truly Napoleon's residence! Here are some pics.








1 comment:

  1. I am really excited for Rabbit & Robot. I hope you enjoy your new additions!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete