Saturday, April 7, 2018

What's New? Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got this week.

It has been quiet for me these last few weeks. I am trying to make a dent in the old tbr pile!

Purchased: Went to a signing this week and heard Kwame Alexander! He's such a dynamic speaker!



Rebound by Kwame Alexander. 414 p. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, April 2, 2018. 9780544868137.

Publisher synopsis: Before Josh and Jordan Bell were streaking up and down the court, their father was learning his own moves. In this prequel to Newbery Medal winner The Crossover, Chuck Bell takes center stage, as readers get a glimpse of his childhood and how he became the jazz music worshiping, basketball star his sons look up to.   

A novel in verse with all the impact and rhythm readers have come to expect from Kwame Alexander, Rebound will go back in time to visit the childhood of Chuck "Da Man" Bell during one pivotal summer when young Charlie is sent to stay with his grandparents where he discovers basketball and learns more about his family's past.  

That's what's new with me. What's new with you? Leave your link and I will definitely visit and comment. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, just 2 book? That's really great. I too am trying to control my ever growing TBR, but it seems I can't control :D

    I hope you enjoy your new reads.

    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/04/stacking-the-shelves-21/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about this one but I hope you'll like it! It's great you had the chance to hear the author speak and got the book signed!

    My STS post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read a Kwame Alexander book. I’ve heard so many good things about them. I hope you like it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to a book signing. I have always wanted to go tho. I don't ever think I have seen them around me tho. I hope you enjoy the new book.

    Mary my #SundayRoundup #13!

    ReplyDelete