Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Faves of 2016

The theme for this week's TTT over at Broke and Bookish is 2016 favorites.

I have favorited 36 books on GR so far. Here are the ten that still make my heart sing and that were published in 2016.

YA:


The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle. 
I adore Tim Federle. This book, which I somehow never got around to reviewing, made me laugh and cry often and sometimes together. I also wanted to alternately hug and throttle Quinn, a most memorable and endearingly infuriating main character. 



The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash.
This was such a fun read! Review here.




Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick.
I just finished reading this with my ears and am still processing it. 

MG:

Free Verse by Sarah Dooley.
Do you have students/ patrons who can't get enough sad books? Hand them Free Verse. Review here.




Finding Perfect by Elly Swartz.
I will be reviewing this notable debut in the next day or so.




The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd.
There's this homespun beauty and simplicity in Natalie Lloyd's writing that I just love to sink into. I don't know if I will get to review this gem, but the audiobook is quite lovely.




Maybe a Fox by Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee.
My review of the book is here. I recently learned of the audiobook and will be rereading it with my ears the summer.



Waylon! One Awesome Thing by Sara Pennypacker.
This is the first book in a terrific new series by the author of Clementine. Review here.

Non-fiction:

Ada's Violin by Susan Hood.
Every time I reread this book, I love it more. Review here.




Radiant Child by Javaka Steptoe.
I need to review this. The art is nothing less than spectacular. I had the privilege of viewing some of the pieces in person at a publisher preview. This is a must-purchase addition to any collection.

2 comments:

  1. The Great American Whatever sounds like something I might enjoy - I am a film buff, so anything to do with films is always something I am excited to read!
    Thanks for sharing these and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Geek's guide.... sounds really good!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete