Saturday, December 12, 2015

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got this week.

Knocked Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach. 302 p. Sourcebooks, May 1, 2016. 9781402291449.

From the back cover: Taco's mom always said, "Today is the best day of your life, and tomorrow will be even better." That was hard to believe the day she died of cancer and when Taco's dad had to move up north for work, but he sure did believe it when Maggie Corrigan agreed to go with him to junior prom. Taco loves Maggie-even more than the tacos that earned him his nickname. And she loves him right back.

Except, all that love? It gets Maggie pregnant. Everyone else may be freaking out, but Taco can't wait to have a real family again. He just has to figure out what it means to be a dad and how to pass calculus. And then there's getting Maggie's parents to like him. Because it would be so much easier for them to be together if he didn't have to climb the side of the Corrigan's house to see her.
------

I saw an arc of this at AASL15 in Columbus last month but the publisher wasn't giving any out. I reached out to the author for a contact name so I could request an arc. Bless his heart, he sent me one with this inscription:



So, there's a new title but the cover image is the same. So I photoshopped the title out of the picture of my arc. Truth be told, I like the new title better. I'm glad they're keeping the cover art. I can't wait to read it. I so enjoyed the Felton books, Stupid Fast, Nothing Special and I'm with Stupid and Fat Boy Vs. the Cheerleaders Gabe Johnson Takes Over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment