Friday, January 25, 2013

ALA Midwinter

Well, I don't expect this post to make much sense as I've been awake for 22 hours. My husband's computer says it's 1:42 AM EST, here in Seattle, it's 10:42 PM. I woke up at 3:30 AM on Friday, January 25, walked the dogs and did some last minute chores. My husband made me promise that I wouldn't wake him before 4, and that he would be ready to leave the house when the driver came a 4:15. I am a perpetually early or on time person and he is perpetually late. He's also a smoker, so spending hours in the airport before boarding is absolute torture for him, so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Plus, we had over 8 hours of travel time today. And, we flew Southwest Airlines for the first time and I had no idea about the boarding procedure. It was interesting.

Anywho, we got to our hotel at 12:30, and wonders of wonders, our room was ready. We headed out on foot, first to the convention center, then to the Pike's Market, where we found this little crepes place and every bite was heaven.

I'm running out of steam now, so I will stop but, I want to get back to a couple of topics:
 - the weather
 - meeting folks randomly
 - Facebook 
 - USBBY

Night, night

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having fun in Seattle! We've warmed things up a bit for you this weekend.

    Southwest boarding is all about printing your pass as soon as you can (or paying extra to be special). I do miss they days when bringing a kid along guaranteed you a good spot; now my kids prefer traveling alone so they can pre-board as minors. Enjoy your time and get lots of good books.

    ReplyDelete